Check out this great feature on UW Oshkosh Today!
Brianna Witter showing what it means to be college and career ready in her post-high school career!
The fifth issue of the Warrior Nation Wire is here! To check out the issue of the newsletter, scroll over the News tab and click Newsletters*.
Warrior Nation is excited to share all the great things happening in our Nation! If you have a story to share that you would like included in the next issue of the Warrior Nation Wire, please use the Submit Updates for the Newsletter page.
*only Warrior Nation members have access to newsletters.
Muskego, WI - Muskego High School Engineering Design and Development students competed in three science and engineering fairs this spring, coming away with multiple awards from each.
The fair season started out in Madison at the Capital Science and Engineering Fair on February 18, 2017. Six teams competed and all brought home awards:
- Caleb Besson and Chris Magulski won the Grand Award: Promega Corp. - 2nd Runner Up, Natural, Engineering & Computer Sciences - 3rd place, American Meteorological Society Award, and the Office of Naval Research Award.
- Zach Gollinger and Andrew Kutzner took home the American Meteorological Society Award.
- Rachel Herb and Michael N. Anderson received the ASM Material Education Foundation Award and NASA Earth System Science Award.
- Samantha Shannon and Robert Watson were awarded the Association for Women Geologists Award and Stockholm Jr. Water Prize.
- Brandon Hungelmann-Skiba and Ryan Ziegler won Ricoh Americas Corp. Sustainable Development Award and the Stockholm Jr. Water Prize.
- Dalton Dowd and Jake Petri received the NOAA Pulse of the Planet Award.
- It was a great fair and much-deserved recognition for all students and their hard work.
Next up for fairs was the 2017 Waukesha Science and Engineering Fair at UW-Waukesha on February 25, 2017. Teams were successful again at this smaller fair, adding six more awards. Magulski and Besson did well, earning UW-Colleges Engineering Summer Camp, Best of Fair Second Place, Engineering Physics First Place, and the Air Force Award. Hungelmann-Skiba and Ziegler were the other team taking home awards; their project won Environmental Second Place and the Air Force Award.
The final competition for the Engineering teams was held at Marian University on March 11, 2017. Again, teams excelled at the Badger State Science and Engineering Fair. Ziegler and Hungelmann-Skiba were awarded the ASU Walton Sustainability Solutions Award and Stockholm Jr. Water Prize. Herb and Anderson took Third Place in Chemistry/Biochemistry and were awarded Badger State Science & Engineering Scholarship Awards to Marion University. Magulski and Besson won Third Place in Engineering and the Badger State Science & Engineering Scholarship Awards to Marion University. They will continue on to compete at iSWEEEP, International Sustainable World, Energy, Engineering & Environment Olympiad at the beginning of May in Houston, TX. Those interested in subsidizing the cost of the trip for the team can contact Karen Lindholm-Rynkiewicz at Karen.Lindholm-Rynkiewicz@muskegonorway.org.
The teams and their topics are listed below:
Project:Recycling Plastic Resin Dust Waste
Team: Rachel Herb and Michael N. Anderson
Project:Decomposition of Polystyrene Using the Tenebrio Molitor
Team: Dalton Dowd and Jake Petri
Project:Preventing Street Flooding by Designing Clog Resistant Storm Drain Inlets
Team: Caleb Besson and Chris Magulski
Project: Flooding Effects on Bridges
Team: Samantha Shannon and Robert Watson
Project: The Filtration of Microfibers from Washing Machines
Team: Ryan Zeigler and Brandon Hungelmann-Skiba
Project: Harvesting Tactics for Invasive Asian Carp
Team: Andrew Kutzner and Zachary Gollinger
The Boys Varsity Basketball team is back in the playoffs this year and competing in the subsectional game tonight against Madison East. Support the Warriors at 7pm at Janesville Craig High School!
Basketball: Boys Varsity WIAA Subsectional
Thursday, Mar 9, 2017 Time 7:00pm
Muskego High School vs Madison East vs Janesville Craig @ Janesville Craig High School
Location: Janesville Craig High School
401 S Randall Ave
Janesville, WI 53545-4223